Thursday, September 25, 2008

instant Teshuva

Have you ever seen a child lost in the crowd ? maybe your own, maybe a far memory of yourself?
I went with my son to Zoo a few months ago . i wanted to see how much where the tickets for the 3D insect movie.
When i got back my son was gone! i went all over the place looking for him . I couldn't find him anywhere!
A few minutes later a woman called me and asked me if I am this crying boy's father.
My son was terrified, he hung on to me crying and saying " Aba , why did you leave me?".
Being a Jew is not easy there are hundreds of detailed Mitsvot to keep and on to of that you have to be a Mench - a human being with "perfect manners" . This is almost mission impossible.
We try to do Tshuva year after year . despite of this we find ourselves more or less in the same place a year later. What gives us the energy to do this tshuva instead of giving up ?
We have the ability to cry to hashem .
that's all it takes - one good cry and Hashem cuddles us to him . we are his lost sons.
why do i call it instant Tshuva - because it is so simple yet so hard to .
Cry.
Cry like a lost child and always remember that the one who is really worried is usually the father!

No comments: