Friday, July 11, 2008

8 Tamuz - Shaar Hayichud Ve'HaEmunah - chapter 11 CONTD.

I was late for the Shiur today. hope i can still catch something .
if not this content will be edited AY"H by listening to the video recording.
by the way the videos of these Shiurim are currently located here:chasidut.net
( The entire site is going under construction soon!)

A story:
The Rebbe Rashab would visit the resting place of his father, the Rebbe Maharash and his grandfather, the Tzemach Tzedek at the outskirts of Lubavitch. He would travel there and only allowed his wagon driver to accompany him on the journey. The Chasidim were curious about what took place there but since they were not allowed to accompany him there they decided to give the wagon driver some strong drink and have him tell them what takes place on those journeys.
When the wagon driver had taken his fill of drink he told the Chasidim: "You think that your Rebbe is so strong? Let me tell you. He's not strong at all. When we arrive in view of the the Rebbe's father's "tziun"(resting place) the Rebbe's face turns white. When we get closer I need to help him out of the wagon for he has no strength at all. But me? I tell you, I can walk around the cemetery there with no trouble at all!"

----It takes a certain sensitivity to be afraid...

A similar story.
One of the prominent Chasidim approached the Rebbe to write a letter in the Sefer Torah he had almost completed. The Rebbe replied: "Please don't be offended but I have never written a letter in a Sefer Torah. I am too afraid!"

No comments: